Friday, September 12, 2008

Something to say.......

Got to say, this still seems weird to me. The idea of writing my thoughts for a bunch of strangers is still so....I don't know, almost narcissistic, lol. I can't get used to the idea that people give a shit...but strangely enough, you seem to, so I thought I'd write again. I'm proud of myself today. I've been thinking a lot lately about what could have been, should have been or might have been. But I feel like I"m finally starting to make some headway in believing in what is yet to be.

To answer Sue's question, my passion right now is voice acting. When I was young, everyone thought I'd be "that guy" that made it....I was the lead in all the school plays, had the big booming voice, blah, blah..... but then, if you read my first blog, you know what happened next. And before I knew it I'd been through 2 rehabs, jail, detox and a military academy -twice. By the time I finally pulled my head out of my ass and straightened my life out, it seemed that my performing days were over. But then I got the bug again a few years ago and started wondering, "what if....."

So I took private voice acting lessons for a year, graduated Second City level A, got a professional demo recorded, and then proceeded to totally wimp out when it came time to get an agent. Everything just sat on the shelf for another year, while I wallowed in my stagnant, comfortable rut. But then I funny thing happened........I started believing in myself again. So I got 20 copies of my demo burned, had labels created, bought jewel cases and a CD stomper and started getting myself ready to get out there and kick some ass....(or at least find an agent.) I've still got bullshit-issues to deal with, but for now, the bullshit goes on hold while I get ready to mount my attack on the voice world...next week, maybe I'll talk about the woes of finding an agent, but for now, with my little pile of labeled CD's with my name on them...I feel like a star.

4 comments:

Bruno LoGreco said...

I remember seeing my new business cards for the first time... I too felt like a star. For the first couple of days I walked around with my head high, shoulders back, chest out, yes I had my sun glasses on and I "thunk" to myself, "That's right everybody... you are looking at your next star." Sounds silly but I did.. Check out what happened this past week.. so it begin - Think like a STAR and soon you will be one. Mine started with business cards. You.. demo- Have a great weekend :)

Sue said...

*giggling at Bruno's comment*

Voice acting sounds purely awesome!

You're still surprised we care? Hehe. Awh.

I am finding though that when you are ready (or me, or .. you as a general term, yaknow?) things will be waiting for you. Bruno's a prime example.

Bruno LoGreco said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruno LoGreco said...

I have always been a dreamer my entire life - shoot for the stars - anywhere between here and the stars is better than nowhere.